Market research follows the same methods as other research. It doesn't matter if you are conducting a study on health or one on which products are beneficial. The strict use of a method creates greater clarity and consistency in the results. The same method is used in almost all marketing companies to ensure validity and rigor.
1. Define the problem succinctly and what the research objectives should be.
2. Determine the sources of information that you will need to answer the questions.
3. Evaluate costs and benefits of the research.
4. College the data.
5. Analyze and interpret the information.
6. Share the results with those who need it.