Friends are important. It has been said that you can sum yourself up by your closest 5 friends. As with all social groups there are some good people and some not so good people. There are those that help you feel empowered and those who suck and drain your energy. The problem is that it can be difficult to tell who is who.
It is not like people come out and say, "I'm going to be a selfish jerk and tear you down every chance I get!" They don't think of themselves that way because when people are toxic they are always right in their heads; even when jealousy eats them alive. So it is necessary to get to know each other and how people act without them disclosing their needs or intentions.
Let your feels and subconscious cues be your guide.
1. Supportive of each others needs
2. Encourage each other to be better.
3. Kind and positive personalities.
4. Fun and enjoyment.
5. Slowly but surely going deeper as friends.
6. Honest and trustworthy.
7. Giving and able to think about the group.
2. Not supportive and trying to undermine each other.
3. Rude or backbiting type behavior.
4. Selfish and not supportive of friends.
5. Not fun and seems like a negative environment.
6. Not honest or feels like not open.