Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Face Your Fears to Achieve Your Goals
I have seen people who talk about their goals and dreams and don't put any effort into them. They are restricted by their fear of failure or the fear of being rejected. Each year passes and their dreams become increasingly difficult to enact. Their failure to act limits their happiness and possibilities.
Many people have self-esteem issues that have been reinforced in them throughout the years. They don't have the confidence to truly chase their goals. They don't believe that if they put forward the effort and make a leap of faith they can achieve their dreams. Overcoming the fear of failure makes a big difference in life success.
When you are faced with fears that limit you consider the following:
1. What is the worst that can actually happen? Can you deal with it?
2. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
3. Do you have the resources, time or support?
4. What strengths do you have?
5. How might the accomplishment of a goal rest on decisions and steps?
6. Have you ever accomplished other difficult goals?
7. Can you accept not trying?
8. Even if you fail can you feel proud of your efforts?
9. Will people really want you to fail or is this a false fear?