NCU is currently seeking Adjunct Faculty to join our School of Business and Technology Management.
The primary responsibility of adjunct (part-time) faculty is to teach assigned courses in their discipline; that is, to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire and guide students to achieve at their highest academic level. All faculty demonstrate a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement in curricular, instructional, and professional development and to the development of Northcentral’s teaching and learning community. Faculty work closely with their School Dean, administrators, other faculty, and the Center for Academic Excellence.
Essential Job Functions, Teaching
- Successfully complete initial and ongoing faculty development activities
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of content of all courses taught
- Maintain a load of assigned students
- Follow Northcentral policy and procedures
- Assess student learning outcomes competency
- Engage in one or more professional development activities annually, as required by School Dean
- Exercise academic freedom in covering course content and learning outcomes, in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.